When you have a big air conditioning problem – like an air conditioner that quits during the hottest day of summer – it goes without saying that you’ll call for service. Smaller air conditioning problems are easier to ignore, but this is the last thing you should do. You can prevent the expense and inconvenience of a big repair job by calling for service in Goose Creek, SC.
Air Conditioning Tips
You can extend the lifespan of your cooling system just by paying attention to a few warning signs. You should have your air conditioner checked when you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Decreased airflow from the registers
- Strange noises from the air conditioner
- Odors coming from the ductwork when the air conditioner is running
- The air conditioner cycles on and off more frequently than it used to
- The breaker for the air conditioner in the electrical panel keeps tripping (or the fuse keeps blowing)
- Ice appears on your air conditioner or piping either inside or outside the house
- Your outdoor fan in the air conditioner won’t come on
If you notice any of the above symptoms, call us today to have your air conditioning checked and serviced to avoid larger problems down the road.
Winter Heating Tips
- Do not let your heat escape! Make sure all your doors and windows are shut tightly. Check for leaks, and replace old weather stripping or caulk.
- Use your window shades and drapes to maximize heating benefits. Keep shades closed at night to conserve heat. During the day, open shades to let the sunlight in.
- Add humidity. Humid air feels warmer than dry air. Increasing the humidity of your home also helps you resist winter colds and moisturizes dry skin. Ask us about Trane Humidifiers!
- Keep your furnace air filter clean. A dirty or clogged filter can make your furnace work harder, which costs you more.
- Much of the heat escaping homes is lost through the attic. Be sure to close off any attic vents or fans during the winter and check on how well the attic is insulated.