Ductwork Design, Installation and Repair Services in Moncks Corner, SC and the Tri-County Area
Your HVAC ductwork has a direct impact on the efficiency of your heating and cooling equipment. If you’ve been struggling with inflated utility bills and hot or cold spots, your air ducts could be the culprit. For Charleston residents, upgrading is a great way to increase your comfort, improve the performance of your HVAC equipment and extend its lifespan. To help you take advantage of these benefits, we install ductwork and perform repairs.
Air Ducts for New Constructions and Additions
Our comfort advisors offer a full range of design, fabrication and installation services. If you’re installing new HVAC ducts at your home or business, we’ll make sure that the work is done properly.
For optimal performance, we complete sizing calculations that balance the airflow on the return and supply sides of the system. This ensures that the air pressure and speed match the capacity of your heater or air conditioner. It also helps the system deliver balanced comfort to each room.
Whether we’re installing flexible air ducts or rigid sheet metal products, we’ll select the ideal configuration for the plenum, main trunk, and secondary ducts depending on the size of the installation and the characteristics of your building. To prevent air losses, our comfort advisors thoroughly seal each fitting.
Ductwork Repairs and Replacements
In existing homes and commercial buildings, the condition of your HVAC ducts has a big impact on the performance of your heating and cooling equipment. If your supply and return ducts are improperly sized or in poor condition, they may benefit from repairs or replacement. We recommend upgrades for the following reasons.
- Efficiency: Damaged and poorly sealed ducts cause large energy losses in forced-air HVAC systems. According to Energy Star, duct repairs improve the efficiency of heating and cooling equipment by 20 percent.
- Hot and Cold Spots: Airflow problems are frequently related to ducts that are damaged or disconnected. For improved comfort, we’ll repair disconnected junctions and replace sections that have collapsed or become kinked.
- Air Quality: Cracks in the return ducts allow particles from your attic or crawlspace to enter the airstream. This decreases the efficiency of your HVAC equipment and affects humidity levels. Duct sealing can instantly improve your indoor air quality.
- Backdrafting: If you have a gas furnace, leaky air ducts can contribute to a dangerous condition called backdrafting. Due to airflow imbalances, carbon monoxide exhaust drifts back into your home. Duct sealing reduces this risk.
- Damage: Air ducts may require replacement following a fire, flooding or contamination depending on their design and construction. If your existing ducts have been damaged, we offer replacement services to fully restore your HVAC system.
- Duct Blasting: We use a Duct Blaster to pressure test the duct system for air leaks. The process is very similar to the way a plumber pressure tests water pipes for leaks. This allows our team to efficiently identify the issue and get your airflow back to full capacity.
Air Duct Services in Charleston
If you’re interested in a duct replacement or repair, call Coastal Air Solutions to request a free estimate. Our comfort advisors install ductwork for residential and commercial clients in Goose Creek, Summerville, Moncks Corner, Charleston, SC and cities across the tri-county area.